I was scrolling my newsfeed the other day when an interesting post caught my attention and I decided to share it with you.
The author of this analogy is unknown but the power of it is undisputed.
Imagine that you won the following prize in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your personal account for your exclusive use.
However, there are strict rules:
1. Everything you did not spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into another account.
3. Only you may spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can declare, GAME OVER! The bank can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you do? You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all of the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you can't possibly spend it on yourself, right? You would try to spend every penny and use it all because you know it would be replenished in the morning, right?
Actually the contest, the game, is real.
Are you shocked? YES!
Each of us already is a winner of this prize. We just can't seem to see it.
The prize is TIME.
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.
3. What we haven't used up that day is lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time, without warning!
So, what will you do with your 86,400 seconds? Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount of dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by much quicker than you think.
Every day you have the chance to make choices. You can make them for yourself or have others make them for you. But some of those choices are being made based on experiences that are long gone. Old patterns that are deeply ingrained but that are no longer relevant to your life.
So when you are offered the chance to alter your perspective, to break through old beliefs and patterns of behavior that keep you stuck, to take your life from illness to wellness, from sadness to joy, from stress to harmony … will you take it?
Will you grab the opportunity with both hands and take the support, kindness and love that’s offered on the path to change?
Or will you stay in your current understandings, beliefs and patterns that are causing you pain just because it’s familiar?
It’s always your choice.